HRZ Fantasy Football Competition 2010/2011
HRZ Fantasy football competition
Boylesports
Amazon Associates
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Horse-Racing Zone on your social bookmarking website

My Summer Holiday 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Summer Holiday 2010

Post by Jack on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:35 pm

My Summer Holiday 2010

This year, we went to Paralio Astros in Greece, a small fishing village located in Arcadia, the Peloponnese.
If you Google it, you will see how picturesque it really is, with its mix of old-fashioned tavernas and modern cafe-bars.

Some pics:

The weather was hot this year, hotter than previous years I think, the hottest it got to being about 42 degrees near the end. The roads are winding, with the Greeks being bad drivers anyway and the amount of shrines at the roadside is unbelievable.

Anyone else going anywhere or been anywhere this Summer? If you're retired and don't go away much, where did you go previously? Any horror stories or beautiful hotels? Tell us!
Jack
Regular
Regular

View user profile http://horse-racing-zone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Summer Holiday 2010

Post by Dessie89 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Not been away this year but possibly looking at the south of france next year, best go where the missus wants to go if i want to enjoy it
Dessie89
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Dessie89 wrote:Not been away this year but possibly looking at the south of france next year, best go where the missus wants to go if i want to enjoy it
Sounds the same as this household mate, women eh? Evil or Very Mad
Jack
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gnella on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 pm

cheltenham for the november festival for me,20-30 irish lads and gals on the razz for 4 days.......utopia
gnella
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:46 pm

gnella wrote:cheltenham for the november festival for me,20-30 irish lads and gals on the razz for 4 days.......utopia
Sounds heaven allen, I'm jealous already
Jack
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessie89 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Gnella, i went to the Paddypower Saturday in 2007 (i think), the year exotic dancer won the Paddypower gold cup @ 16/1, we had 5 winners that day and a 2nd, fantastic day, much better than gold cup day which is like being on the japanese bullet train
Dessie89
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Enjoy it Adam!
Jack
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gnella on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Dessie89 wrote:Gnella, i went to the Paddypower Saturday in 2007 (i think), the year exotic dancer won the Paddypower gold cup @ 16/1, we had 5 winners that day and a 2nd, fantastic day, much better than gold cup day which is like being on the japanese bullet train

5 WINNERS,must have been some day dessie.never been in march but some of my mates have and they much prefer november.
i love the cross-country race where the punters are left out on the course to watch,you really appreciate the power of the animals when they are jumping a fence about 3 feet from you,scary when you see it for first time.
gnella
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessie89 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:04 pm

to be honest with you, apart from Exotic Dancer (16's) 3 of the other horses were Katchit in a Juvenile Hurdle, Denman in a novice chase and Star De Mohaison in a Hurdle (not sure if it was a handicap or novices) they were all short priced but won easily enough, the 5th horse was an irish hurdler in a handicap and was also short, about 2's i think but a winner is a winner no matter what price

Cross country races look very good
Dessie89
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top